with Alexandra DeSiato, E-RYT 500, M.A.
Official time for check-in: 4 pm and check-out: 2 pm
As an athlete, you may focus on building drive and endurance. But, you need to do so without over-training or creating injury. This balance can be difficult to strike; however, Yoga postures and mental practices can help.
In this weekend intensive, you’ll learn to cultivate strength from the core, increase flexibility using poses that work for any body, find ease in balance, and examine how Yoga philosophy can make you a better athlete—whether you want to run your first 5k or finish an Ironman.
- Learn routines that enhance training and encourage recovery
- Discover how Yoga philosophy and athletic focus connect
- Explore how Yoga can offer a fresh approach to a sport
- Experiment with appropriate application of effort and breath in Yoga poses
You’ll leave the weekend with practical, easy routines to build strength, increase fluidity, and speed recovery. For all levels of athletic or Yoga experience; no prior Yoga experience required.
This program provides the following CE opportunities:
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 10 Contact Hours
- Healthcare and Related Disciplines: Although CMEs are not offered, a certificate documenting CE hours may be available for your discipline. Please contact CEU@iyta.org for details.
About the Instructor
Alexandra DeSiato has been a teacher and athlete for over a decade. After running for many years, Alexandra discovered Yoga. Since core strength, flexibility, and alignment are needed by all athletes, teaching Yoga was the obvious next step. She studied extensively with Yoga for Athletes expert Sage Rountree and has taught athletes for many years. She works with athletes of all levels at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. www.alexandradesiato.com