with Richard Miller, Ph.D.
Other Depth Teachings of Yoga options:
For over forty years, Richard Miller, a world-renowned clinical psychologist, author, researcher, and yogic scholar, has blended the non-dual teachings of Yoga, Tantra, Advaita, Taoism, and Buddhism with Western psychology. Seize this unique opportunity to explore the deeper teachings of Yoga as a path of awakening to the fullness of your human potential.
This weekend workshop will provide an introduction to the following topics, using multiple hands-on practices and lively discussions:
- Discussions on Advaita Vedanta (an ancient Hindu tradition of scriptural exegesis and religious practice) and Kashmir non-dualism
- The rich tradition of mindful, tantric, body-sensing Hatha Yoga
- Breath-sensing pranayama
- Practices of meditation according to the Yoga tradition
For those with time availability, a six-day course will cover these profound topics in greater depth, including mentored experiential/ practice time and the opportunity for personal questions and group interaction. Read more about this option here. Experience the full benefit and save $100 when you register for both programs!
This program provides the following CE opportunities:
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 15 Training hours
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT): Approximately 15 Training hours
- Healthcare and Related Disciplines: Although CMEs are not offered, a certificate documenting CE hours may be available for your discipline. Please contact CEU@iyta.org for details.
About the Instructor
Richard Miller, author of Yoga Nidra: A Meditative Practice for Deep Relaxation and Healing, is a psychologist and contemporary teacher of nondualism whose teachings emphasize spiritual awakening and psychological integration.
Richard is co-founder of the International Association of Yoga Therapy, the founding president and CEO of the Integrative Restoration Institute, a founding board member of the Institute for Spirituality and Psychology, and a senior advisor to the Baumann Institute, dedicated to understanding the impact of pure awareness on well-being.
Richard serves as a consultant researching the Yoga Nidra protocol that he’s developed (Integrative Restoration – iRest) with soldiers, veterans, students, kids, the homeless, and people experiencing issues such as PTSD, substance abuse, sleep disorders, and chronic pain. Richard leads retreats worldwide with a focus on enlightened living in daily life. For information please visit www.irest.us.