with Richard Miller, Ph.D.
Other Depth Teachings of Yoga options:
For over forty years, Richard Miller, a world-renowned clinical psychologist, author, researcher, and yogic scholar, has blended the non-dual teachings of Yoga, Tantra, Advaita, Taoism, and Buddhism with Western psychology. Seize this unique opportunity to explore the deeper teachings of Yoga as a path of awakening to the fullness of your human potential.
This six-day practicum will expand on the teachings offered during the weekend introduction preceding it. It will include mentored time to practice these approaches to meditation and hatha, as well as the opportunity for personal questions and group discussions.
Explore, discuss, and practice with Dr Miller:
- Advaita Vedanta (an ancient Hindu tradition of scriptural exegesis and religious practice)
- Kashmir non-dualism
- The rich tradition of mindful, tantric, body-sensing Hatha Yoga
- Breath-sensing pranayama
- Practices of meditation according to the Yoga tradition
To experience the benefit of a full week of Dr. Miller’s teachings and save $100, register for the entire retreat here.
This program provides the following CE opportunities:
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 45 Training hours
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT): Approximately 45 Training hours
- Healthcare and Related Disciplines: Although CMEs are not offered, a certificate documenting CE hours may be available for your discipline. Please contact CEU@iyta.org for details.
- No prerequisites
About the Instructor
Richard Miller, author of Yoga Nidra: A Meditative Practice for Deep Relaxation and Healing, is a psychologist and contemporary teacher of nondualism whose teachings emphasize spiritual awakening and psychological integration.
Richard is co-founder of the International Association of Yoga Therapy, the founding president and CEO of the Integrative Restoration Institute, a founding board member of the Institute for Spirituality and Psychology, and a senior advisor to the Baumann Institute, dedicated to understanding the impact of pure awareness on well-being.
Richard serves as a consultant researching the Yoga Nidra protocol that he’s developed (Integrative Restoration – iRest) with soldiers, veterans, students, kids, the homeless, and people experiencing issues such as PTSD, substance abuse, sleep disorders, and chronic pain. Richard leads retreats worldwide with a focus on enlightened living in daily life. For information please visit www.irest.us.