- June 2-11, 2017
- Tuition: $1,275.00
- Lodging: $420.00 to $1,020.00
- Deposit: $400.00
- $100.00 Early bird discount until March 04, 2107
with Satya Greenstone, E-RYT 500
Restorative Yoga is a deeply rejuvenating element that can be incorporated into any Yoga practice.
Using props, the limbs are placed in gentle, supported asanas that literally hold the body, allowing it to release mental and physical tensions. These supported poses can be held longer, eliciting a deeper state of relaxation, which allow the body to return to its natural state of balance and peace.
These poses can be offered to students low in energy, or during times of stress, illness, healing, or crisis. They enable students to receive the asana’s benefit without exerting physical effort.
In this Teacher Certification Program you will learn and experience:
- Safe and effective prop use and maintenance
- Balanced sequences for general relaxation, rejuvenation, or special needs
- How to incorporate restorative poses into a regular Hatha Yoga practice or class
- The rejuvenating effects of restorative poses
- How to lead and support students, friends, loved ones into restorative poses
- Yoga Nidra (guided relaxation)
- Asanas for enhancing breath practices (pranayama)
All props will be supplied for your use and practice during the course. Due to the nature of the practice, enrollment is limited to twenty students.
Prerequisites: Basic Integral Yoga Hatha Teacher Training or its equivalent.
This program provides the following CE opportunities:
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 80 contact hours
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT): Approximately 80 contact hours
- Healthcare and Related Disciplines: Although CMEs are not offered, a certificate documenting CE hours may be available for your discipline. Please contact CEU@iyta.org for details
Satya held such a large healing and supportive space for us. She teaches from the heart (and leads me to my own) while sneaking in academia under the radar… [Her students are] blessed with knowledge, support, and growth. — Past Participant
About the Instructor
Satya Greenstone has been a student of Sri Swami Satchidananda for over forty years. She has shared the teachings of Integral Yoga in diverse settings with students of all backgrounds.
Since 1999, she has been the primary teacher for the Basic Integral Yoga Teacher Training course. She combines a natural, practical, down-to-earth approach to Yoga with gentle humor. She is a yogini first, and her teaching is an extension of her practical experience.
Beyond teaching in the Academy, she and her husband founded the Yogaville Vidyalayam (Temple of Learning) in 1978, an elementary school for the Ashram’s community children. There, they developed and taught a full academic curriculum based on the principles of Yoga for seventeen years.