with Boris Bhagavan Pisman, LMHC
Join Bhagavan Pisman for a practical and profound weekend where he will share his program Yoga-Based Cognitive Behavioral Treatment of Anxiety™. If you or your clients experience panic attacks, obsessive-compulsive thoughts and actions, social anxiety, general anxiety, phobias or post-traumatic stress, this workshop can change your or your clients’ life.
Yoga is recognized today as the oldest holistic system designed for managing the mind. Cognitive behavioral therapy is a very effective clinical treatment for anxieties and depression. The combination of these therapies will help you return to the normal life.
The workshop includes:
• Discussion of anxiety and fear and their origins
• Breathing practices to calm and balance your nervous system
• An introduction to non-dualistic meditation
• Yogic techniques for managing anxious and dysfunctional thoughts
• Cognitive therapy exercises to help you learn how to approach and manage fear
• Systematic mental desensitization and flooding exercises
• Introduction to exposure and response prevention exercises
• Stress management exercises and much more
All attendees receive a certificate of attendance.
No experience with Yoga is required.
“This is Angela (name changed), the ballroom dancer. I took your workshop three weeks ago at Integral Yoga. I wanted to let you know that I religiously did all the exercises you gave us and for the first two weeks, I felt so much calmer and relaxed and happier. I learned how to breathe properly, and my husband was been amazed at the difference it made. I think my daughter felt it, too. We get along so much better since I don’t get so irritable anymore. And some days I don’t feel perfect but still much better than before I started doing this routine. Thank you very much for sharing your wisdom and experience with me…” Participant -Angela
Boris Bhagavan Pisman, M.S., N.C.C., is a New York State Licensed Mental Health Counselor. Prior to opening his private practice, he worked as a therapist at White Plains Hospital, Westchester, NY. He was featured on the NBC Universal’s Today Show. Boris has over twenty years Yoga teaching experience. He is on the Board of Directors of the New York Integral Yoga Institute.