with Nischala Joy Devi
Have you ever felt that you’re much more than your physical body?
Join internationally celebrated teacher and healer Nischala Joy Devi for an exploration of your subtle anatomies—the koshas, chakras, and nadis—and how to heal yourself and enhance your life by balancing them.
- The koshas, or layers obscuring our true Self
- The esoteric nervous system, or nadis
- The emotional and physical effects of the chakras—and how they function interdependantly
- Practices to enhance your awareness of subtle anatomy, eg: pranayama (breath work), meditation, chanting, mudras (gesture), elements, sensory awareness, and movement
- Yamas and Niyamas that effect chakras
Nischala Devi weaves compassionate knowledge of the physical with intuitive wisdom of the mystical for a complete understanding of who you really are.
With this new awareness of your subtle energetic anatomy, you will learn about and about how to teach yogic practices to enhance, balance, and even heal bodies, minds, and ultimately lives. As these pathways are unlocked, pent-up energy effortlessly flows and you are able to begin healing everything from simple ailments to life-threatening diseases.
Visit Nischala Devi’s website: www.abundantwellbeing.com
This program provides the following CE opportunities:
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 35 contact hours
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT): Approximately 35 Training Hours
- Healthcare and Related Disciplines: Although CMEs are not offered, a certificate documenting CE hours may be available for your discipline. Please contact CEU@iyta.org for details.
About the Instructor
Nischala Joy Devi is a masterful teacher and healer, recognized for her innovative way of expressing Yoga and its subtle uses for spiritual growth and complete healing. Her dynamic delivery and deep inner conviction empower each individual, allowing the teachings to expand beyond boundaries and limitations of any one tradition enabling her to touch people’s hearts.
Originally trained in Western medicine, she began to blend her practice with Yoga. She offered her expertise in developing the Yoga portion of The Dean Ornish Program for Reversing Heart Disease, and co-founded the award-winning Commonweal Cancer Help Program. Her book, The Healing Path of Yoga, and her Abundant WellBeing audio series expresses these teachings.
She was graced to spend over twenty-five years as a monastic disciple with the world-renowned Swami Satchidananda, receiving his direct guidance and teachings. She has been blessed with teachings from great Yoga masters in US, India, and worldwide.
She is now dedicated to bringing the feminine back into spirituality and the scriptures. Her latest book, The Secret Power of Yoga, is a woman’s guide to the heart and spirit of the Yoga Sutras.