- August 25, 2017 - September 3, 2017
- Tuition: $1275.00
- Lodging: $420.00 to $1020.00
- $100.00 Early bird discount until May 27, 2017
with Satya Greenstone, E-RYT 500
Have you ever had a student who’s unable to perform even the most basic Hatha poses? You want to help them, but you aren’t sure how. The Adaptive Hatha Yoga Teacher Training is the training for you!
This ten-day course teaches you to adapt the Integral Yoga practices to meet the needs of any individual. You will explore the essential benefits of each asana and Yoga practice and determine how to best implement them without strain—regardless of your students’ physical, mental, or emotional conditions.
This training also includes:
- Adaptations of asanas and substitute poses
- Chair Yoga (helpful for students with limited mobility or space)
- Gentle warm-ups and stretches
- Safe and effective prop use
- Strategies for introducing other Yoga practices, such as meditation, chanting, deep relaxation, and Yoga Nidra
Prerequisites: 200-hour Integral Yoga Teacher Training or the equivalent. Certified Teachers from other traditions may also apply for consideration.
This program provides the following CE opportunities:
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 104 Training Hours
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT): Approximately 104 contact hours
- Healthcare and Related Disciplines: Although CMEs are not offered, a certificate documenting CE hours may be available for your discipline. Please contact [email protected] for details.
Adaptive Yoga gives us the tools to reach various populations that may not have had access to the benefits of Hatha Yoga. In addition to Yoga studios, adaptive Yoga classes can be offered in senior centers, rehabilitation facilities, recreation centers, hospitals, churches, and community centers.
An Adaptive Yoga class provides all the benefits of the basic Integral Yoga Class at the level that the individual student is capable of practicing. You will learn to create safe, comfortable Yoga sessions for all of your students. Teaching techniques learned in this training will give you more options for accommodating people with limited mobility, students in private classes, and various levels in group classes.
About the Instructor
Satya Greenstone has been a student of Sri Swami Satchidananda for over forty years. Throughout this time she has shared the Teachings of Integral Yoga in many diverse settings with students of all ages and backgrounds.
In 1978, she and her husband started the Yogaville Vidyalayam (Temple of Learning) an elementary school for the Ashram’s community children. They taught for seventeen years, using a full academic curriculum based on the principles and teachings of Yoga.
Since 1999, she has been a primary teacher for the 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Program. While serving as Teacher Training Coordinator, she helped to develop and teach the first Gentle Yoga Teacher Training Program. In 2005 she received certification in Therapeutic Yoga. She has developed and taught the Integral Yoga Teaching Training Programs for adaptive Yoga and restorative Yoga. She gently adapts Yoga practices to meet individual needs, always finding a way encourage and inspire the students.