Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
85-Hour Yoga Alliance RPYT Certification
Taught by Beth Donnelly Cabán and Lara Kohn Thompson
April 28-30, May 5-7, 12-14 & 19-21, 2023
Fridays 5:00pm-8:00pm EDT
Saturdays and Sundays 11:00am-3:00pm EDT
This training prepares Yoga teachers to teach classes in Prenatal Yoga. The specialized prenatal practices help the students become aware of the changes of pregnancy and promote relaxation and suppleness. The Prenatal Yoga pranayama, chanting, and visualizations are powerful tools for the parent to attune to their baby and its needs.
An in-depth review of the anatomy and physiology of pregnancy, labor, and birth lays the foundation for understanding the myriad benefits of Hatha Yoga for pregnancy. Gain extensive experience with asanas well suited to pregnant individuals and a thorough acquaintance with contraindications during pregnancy. Discussions of the energy anatomy of pregnancy and birth will deepen your knowledge of the Integral Yoga prenatal practice.
The training will sensitize Yoga teachers to the profound physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual transitions of pregnancy and birth and demonstrate how such techniques as chanting, pranayama, deep relaxation, and meditation can be effective ways of coping with these changes.
Integral Yoga Prenatal Teacher certification includes teaching a practicum. As the culmination of your training, you will have the opportunity to teach a complete Prenatal Yoga class with an evaluation and feedback from your trainers.
Through this training you will…
- Learn the asana best suited for pregnancy, along with modifications and contraindications
- Review anatomy and physiology as it relates to pregnancy, labor, and birth
- Learn to incorporate other yogic practices such as mantra (chanting), pranayama (breathing techniques), yoga nidra (deep relaxation), guided visualization and meditation
- Understand the profound physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual transitions that may occur during pregnancy and birth
- Observe and evaluate effective methods for teaching prenatal yoga classes
- Develop your teaching skills through in-class practice and feedback sessions
- Become certified to teach Prenatal Yoga classes, and eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as RPYT (Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher)
- Be prepared to continue on to Postpartum Yoga Training and Yoga for Labor and Birth Training