This classic Yogaville recipe is easy to make yet tastes like you really know your way around the kitchen. The entire family will enjoy this cozy and comforting soup.
• 1 – 1.5 lbs of potatoes
• Olive oil
• 4 cloves minced garlic
• 3 cups chopped leeks (approximately 2 leeks)
• 4 cups vegetable broth
• ⅓ cup Thai coconut cream (use only the thick portion of the cream, not the milk)
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Chop potatoes into bite size pieces
• Boil the potatoes in a large pot. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes feel tender in the center when poked with a fork.
• Drain potatoes. Reserve ¼ of the potatoes to be used later.
• Coat a large saucepan with oil and bring to medium-high heat. Add the leeks and minced garlic. Cook until leeks are tender and bright green. Reserve approximately ⅓ of the leeks/garlic to be used later.
• Add vegetable broth and ⅔ of the leeks/garlic to the large pot with the potatoes. Use an immersion blender to purée the soup. Add the reserved potatoes and leeks and bring the soup to a simmer.
• Once the soup is simmering, add the coconut milk. Stir well. Adjust the consistency with vegetable broth or coconut milk if needed.
• Add salt and pepper to taste.
• Serve alongside some delicious French bread using the Yogaville Bread Recipe