Nothing beats the aroma of freshly baked bread. At least, that’s what we discovered when we snuck into the Yogaville Kitchen to learn the secret of making delicious, gluten-free bread!
Karen’s Gluten-Free French Bread
- 2 cups + 2 Tbsp of Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Flour
- 2-1/2 tsp Xantham Gum
- 2 Egg Whites (We use egg replacer)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Quick-Rise Yeast
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1-1/2 tsp sugar
- 1-1/2 cups Water (warm)
- 1 Tbsp of sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp of poppy seeds
- Mix all dry ingredients together (flour, xantham gum, egg replacer, and salt)
- In a separate large bowl, beat together the yeast, apple cider vinegar, sugar, and warm water. This mixture will froth up quickly. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to frothed mixture using medium speed. If using a hand mixer, beat for about five minutes. The batter will appear very glossy. Place batter onto an oiled cookie sheet. Form into thin baguettes about 3 inches wide. Oiling your hands before working the dough will prevent it from sticking to your fingers. Sprinkle seeds and a little salt on top. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.