Integral Yoga Teacher Training – 200-Hour
For over 40 years Integral Yoga has been serving the yoga community with our world-renowned Yoga Teacher Training. This 200-hour Basic Certification is an hands on program designed to give you all the knowledge and qualifications you need for success as a yoga teacher.
This intensive program will be lead by the best instructors from our lineage giving you the foundation you need to teach and practice yoga with confidence.
What you can expect from Basic Hatha Yoga Teacher Training:
- Instruction in teaching the Yoga postures, deep relaxation and breathing techniques
- Guidance in your personal Yoga practices
- Classes in yoga health principles including vegetarian diet with Dr. Amrita Mclanahan
- Anatomy and physiology
- Meditation and chanting workshops
- An in-depth course in the philosophy and psychology of Raja Yoga covering such topics as the nature of the mind, the science of meditation, and yogic lifestyle guidelines
- How to set up, conduct, and publicize classes.
For one month you will be fully immersed into an ashram environment, living the life of a yogi. As part of your daily yoga practice you will meditate in any of our three meditation halls including the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). During free time you can enjoy the peace and tranquility of nature on our 750 acre wooded property, watch the sun set from the overlook, walk to the lotus lake, swim in the James river, study in our yoga library or relax and socialize at the local cafes and dining hall.
Have someone who has taken and taught Integral Yoga contact you.
July 12, 2015 – August 9, 2015
Spring Training (2016)
*We do ask that you have at least 6 months of regular Yoga practice prior to taking Integral Yoga Teacher Training.