The Ashram Yogi Program is open to those who have served for at least one month in the Living Yoga Training Program (LYT), with the recommendation of the LYT Coordinator, and to graduates of one of the Ashram’s Yoga Teacher Training programs, with the recommendation of the main Yoga Teacher Training Instructor.
Those who wish to serve in either the Vegetarian Cooking Internship or the Organic Farming Internship must first be accepted into the Ashram Yogi Program. The financial arrangements for these three programs are identical. The Ashram Yogi Program and both internship programs require a three (3) month commitment. To successfully complete either the Vegetarian Cooking or Organic Farming internship programs, interns must remain in good standing with the Ashram Yogi Program.
Service Exchange Package Includes:
- Dormitory accommodations (camp sites may also be available)
- 3 organic vegetarian meals daily
- $50/mo. stipend
- 20% discount at the Integral Yoga Natural Foods store in Charlottesville
- Laundry money
Ashram Yogi & Internship Programs’ Service/Financial Options
1. Standard Arrangement
- $400* per month
- 22 service hours per week (six, 3.5-hour service shifts + two support staff service shifts)
- Time Distribution: half service and half study/free time
2. Split Arrangement
- $300** per month
- 31 service hours per week (eight, 3.5-hour service shifts + two support staff service shifts)
- Time Distribution: three-quarters service and one quarter study/free time
3. Full-Time Arrangement
- $0 per month (full-time service)
- 38 service hours (ten, 3.5- hour service shifts + two support staff service shifts)
- Time Distribution: full service, with time off for sadhana and 1 free day.
Arrangement #3 is only available to those who have the strength and vitality to comfortably serve this many hours while attending required sadhana.
* $500 per month starting January 1, 2015
** $400 per month starting January 1, 2015
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.