Raja Yoga Teacher Training – 2018
with Swami Karunananda, E-RYT 500
June 18 - July 8, 2018
Add a new dimension to your practice and teaching with Raja Yoga, the science of meditation that leads one to experience greater peace and joy in life and spiritual realization. Raja Yoga purifies, strengthens, and harmonizes all aspects of the individual.
The Raja Yoga Teacher Training provides a unique opportunity to study and apply these great teachings to your life. You will also be trained in public speaking and teaching skills, empowering you to skillfully share these concepts with others.
The curriculum includes:
- In-depth exploration of the Yoga Sutras
- Instructions for how to incorporate these teachings into daily life
- Opportunities to deepen and refine your own practice of Hatha Yoga, pranayama, and meditation
- Training in answering questions, leading discussions, and developing group rapport
- A syllabus for teaching a six-week Raja Yoga course
A 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training certification that includes an introductory Raja Yoga course and an ongoing daily meditation practice for at least six months.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 165 training hours
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT): Approximately 165 contact hours
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email [email protected].
Raja Yoga Teacher Training qualifies toward Yoga Alliance RYT 500. It is one of the three required trainings in the IY 300-hour Mentored Program.
Swami Karunananda is a master of the subject matter… she is a living example of how to walk the path of Raja Yoga. — Past Participant
Swami Karunananda really inspires with her deep, intricate knowledge of the Yoga Sutras and with her experience in controlling the mind. She helped me see how I could become more committed to controlling my own mind. — Heather Nolen, Past Participant
Swami Karunananda is extremely knowledgeable and her presentation is without equal. Her use of stories to illustrate a point is superb. — Past Participant
Swami Karunananda, is a senior disciple of Sri Swami Satchidananda. In 1975, she was ordained as a monk into the Holy Order of Sannyas. She has had over 40 years experience teaching all aspects of Yoga and specializes now in workshops, retreats, and teacher training programs that focus on the science of meditation, the philosophy of Yoga, personal transformation, and Yoga breathing techniques for better health and wellbeing. She developed, and for over 25 years has taught, the Integral Yoga® Teacher Training programs in Raja Yoga and in Meditation. Swami Karunananda served as president of Satchidananda Ashram–Yogaville in Virginia and…
Learn more about Swami Karunananda, E-RYT 500