First Session: September 15- 29, 2013
Second Session: March 16 – 30, 2014
*$100.00 Early Bird Discount if paid in full by June 15, 2013
Our comprehensive yoga teacher certification program provides a strong foundation for personal and spiritual development, an appreciation for nurturing one’s own practice and the skills to become a knowledgeable and professional Yoga teacher. You will receive training in teaching all of the aspects of the Beginners I Hatha Yoga class consisting of asanas (Yoga poses), deep relaxation, pranayama (breathing practices), chanting and meditation.
The Integral Yoga Teacher Training curriculum includes the following:
- Instruction in teaching the Yoga postures, deep relaxation and breathing techniques
- Guidance in your personal Yoga practices
- Monitored teaching practice
- Classes in vegetarian diet
- Instruction in basic anatomy and physiology
- Meditation workshops focusing on a variety of effective meditation techniques
- Instruction and practice in chanting – both for personal practice and teaching
- An in-depth course in Raja Yoga: The philosophy and psychology of Yoga covering
such topics as the nature of the mind, the science of meditation, and yogic lifestyle
- How to set up, publicize, and conduct classes
- Study and practice of the other branches of Integral Yoga:
- Jnana Yoga: The path of discrimination or self-analysis, inquiry into the nature of the Self, and witnessing the mind
- Bhakti Yoga: The path of devotion, which includes chanting, worship, and self-surrender
- Karma Yoga: The path of dedicated action and selfless service
For Full Details on Integral Yoga’s renowned Residential Yoga Teacher Training please follow this link.
Applicants should be regular practitioners of Hatha Yoga for 6 months, preferably one year. We recommend that all students not trained through Integral Yoga familiarize themselves with the Integral Yoga method of teaching Hatha Yoga by taking classes at an Integral Yoga Institute or from an IY teacher. Information on Integral Yoga teachers in your area can be obtained from the online Teachers Directory at www.iyta.org or by contacting the Integral Yoga Teachers Association at 434-969-3121, ext. 177. If this is not possible, you may purchase the DVDs Yoga with a Master and the Integral Yoga Hatha I thirty minute CD from the Integral Yoga Multimedia (Shakticom) at Tel: 434-969-1347.
At the end of the course, graduates receive a diploma certifying them to teach Integral Yoga Hatha Beginners Level I. Integral Yoga is a registered school of the Yoga Alliance, a voluntary alliance of organizations and teachers dedicated to uphold the integrity of Yoga, establish voluntary national standards for Yoga teachers, and provide support for the Yoga professional in the United States.
Integral Yoga may award 200 hours towards Yoga Alliance registration with the completion of this course.
Swami Dayananda’s gracious and loving service has placed her among Integral Yoga’s favorite teachers and speakers. She is a primary instructor for Basic Hatha Yoga Teacher Training, is certified as a Cardiac Yoga â teacher, and also teaches workshops on Meditation and Yoga philosophy. A disciple of Swami Satchidananda since 1982, Swami Dayananda was ordained as a Sannyasin (monk) in 1986. She served as his secretary and assistant for five years, frequently traveling with him around the world. Dayananda has served as Vice President of Resident services and in her earlier days served for many years in Guest Services. Currently, she serves on the Board of Trustees and on the Spiritual Life Board.
Ram is one of our foremost administrators and teachers at Yogaville. He is an instructor for the Basic Hatha Yoga teacher training and a certified Meditation, Raja yoga, Children’s yoga, Gentle yoga and Intermediate Hatha yoga teacher. He teaches on a variety of different topics ranging from the different branches of Integral Yoga to Spanish lessons for our Yogaville children. Ram is also the Vice President of Programs, overseeing the Integral Yoga Academy, all of our teachers’ programs, the Department of Program Development and Advertising, as well as the Ashram businesses. In addition to all of this, Ram, being a native of Central America and fluent in Spanish, Portuguese, French and English, has organized many successful tours in Latin America, including ones to Mexico, Costa Rica, Guatemala and Peru.
- September 15-29, 2013
- Tuition: $1,950.00
- Lodging: $1,260.00 to $2,740.00
- Deposit: $500.00
- $100.00 Early bird discount until June 15, 2013