Yoga Alliance: 200 hours (approximate) upon successful completion
Our comprehensive yoga teacher certification program provides a strong foundation for personal and spiritual development, an appreciation for nurturing one’s own practice and the skills to become a knowledgeable and professional Yoga teacher. You will receive training in teaching all of the aspects of the Beginners I Hatha Yoga class consisting of asanas (Yoga poses), deep relaxation, pranayama(breathing practices), chanting and meditation.
The Integral Yoga Teacher Training curriculum includes the following:
- Instruction in teaching the Yoga postures, deep relaxation and breathing techniques
- Guidance in your personal Yoga practices
- Monitored teaching practice
- Classes in vegetarian diet
- Instruction in basic anatomy and physiology
- Meditation workshops focusing on a variety of effective meditation techniques
- Instruction and practice in chanting – both for personal practice and teaching
- An in-depth course in Raja Yoga: The philosophy and psychology of Yoga covering
such topics as the nature of the mind, the science of meditation, and yogic lifestyle
- How to set up, publicize, and conduct classes
- Study and practice of the other branches of Integral Yoga:
- Jnana Yoga: The path of discrimination or self-analysis, inquiry into the nature of the Self, and witnessing the mind
- Bhakti Yoga: The path of devotion, which includes chanting, worship, and self-surrender
- Karma Yoga: The path of dedicated action and selfless service
For Full Details on Integral Yoga’s renowned Residential Yoga Teacher Training please follow this link.
Applicants should be regular practitioners of Hatha Yoga for 6 months, preferably one year. We recommend that all students not trained through Integral Yoga familiarize themselves with the Integral Yoga method of teaching Hatha Yoga by taking classes at an Integral Yoga Institute or from an IY teacher. Information on Integral Yoga teachers in your area can be obtained from the online Teachers Directory at www.iyta.org or by contacting the Integral Yoga Teachers Association at 434-969-3121, ext. 177. If this is not possible, you may purchase the DVDs Yoga with a Master and the Integral Yoga Hatha I thirty minute CD from the Integral Yoga Multimedia (Shakticom) at Tel: 434-969-1347.
At the end of the course, graduates receive a diploma certifying them to teach Integral Yoga Hatha Beginners Level I. Integral Yoga is a registered school of the Yoga Alliance, a voluntary alliance of organizations and teachers dedicated to uphold the integrity of Yoga, establish voluntary national standards for Yoga teachers, and provide support for the Yoga professional in the United States.
Integral Yoga may award 200 hours towards Yoga Alliance registration with the completion of this course.
Rev. Vidya Vonne, E-RYT500 currently serves as one of our Basic Hatha Yoga Teacher Training instructors at Satchidananda Ashram–Yogaville. She has been teaching Integral Yoga classes since her late teens. In 1975 she designed and instructed the first month-long residential Teacher Training program, which is now the cornerstone of our Integral Yoga Academy program. In addition to Yoga instruction, Rev. Vidya is a massage therapist and recently she earned a master’s degree in creative writing.
Letícia Padmasri Marques, M.A., RYT is a dedicated Karma, Bhakti and Hatha Yogini. Combining a B.A. in Exercise Science, an M.A. in Education and many years of dedication towards Exercise Physiology, her ability and love to share is apparent and natural. She has been serving at Yogaville since 2007 where she both studies and teaches the Yoga Science. Her background in Anatomy & Physiology serves as a wonderful union with the teachings of Hatha, enabling her to teach this subject in the Yogaville Teacher Trainings. She is a certified Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Integral Hatha Yoga and Raja Yoga teacher as well as an active personal trainer.
- July 21, 2013 - August 18, 2013
- Tuition: $1,950.00
- Lodging: $1,260.00 to $2,740.00
- Deposit: $500.00