- April 12, 2015 - May 10, 2015
- Tuition: $2,100.00
- Lodging: $1,185.00 to $2,800.00
- Deposit: $500.00
with Satya Greenstone, E-RYT 500, Letícia Padmasri, M.A., E-RYT 500
Yoga Alliance: 200 hours upon successful completion.
Download the pdf application to mail or fax
Fill out the online application
Satchidananda Ashram’s comprehensive Yoga Teacher Certification Program provides a strong foundation for personal and spiritual development, an appreciation for nurturing one’s own practice and the skills to become a knowledgeable and professional Yoga teacher. You will receive training in teaching all of the aspects of the Integral Yoga Beginners Hatha Yoga class consisting of asanas (Yoga poses), deep relaxation, pranayama (breathing practices), chanting and meditation.
The Integral Yoga Teacher Training curriculum includes the following:
- Instruction in teaching the Yoga postures, deep relaxation and breathing techniques
- Guidance in your personal Yoga practices
- Monitored teaching practice
- Classes in vegetarian diet
- Instruction in basic anatomy and physiology
- Meditation workshops focusing on a variety of effective meditation techniques
- Instruction and practice in chanting – both for personal practice and teaching
- An in-depth course in Raja Yoga: The philosophy and psychology of Yoga covering such
- topics as the nature of the mind, the science of meditation, and yogic lifestyle guidelines
- Study and practice of the other branches of Integral Yoga:
- Jnana Yoga: The path of discrimination or self-analysis, inquiry into the nature of the Self, and witnessing the mind
- Bhakti Yoga: The path of devotion, which includes chanting, worship, and self-surrender
- Karma Yoga: The path of dedicated action and selfless service
- How to set up, publicize, and conduct classes
For Full Details on Integral Yoga’s renowned Residential Yoga Teacher Training please follow this link.
Applicants should be regular practitioners of Hatha Yoga for 6 months, preferably one year. We recommend that all students not trained through Integral Yoga familiarize themselves with the Integral Yoga method of teaching Hatha Yoga by taking classes at an Integral Yoga Institute or from an Integral Yoga teacher.
Information on Integral Yoga teachers in your area can be obtained from the online Teachers Directory at www.iyta.org or by contacting the Integral Yoga Teachers Association at 434-969-3121, ext. 177.
At the end of the course, graduates receive a diploma certifying them to teach Integral Yoga Hatha Beginners Level I. Integral Yoga is a registered school of the Yoga Alliance, a voluntary alliance of organizations and teachers dedicated to uphold the integrity of Yoga, and provide support for the Yoga professionals in the United States.
Integral Yoga may award 200 hours towards Yoga Alliance registration with the completion of this course.
Satya Greenstone, E-RYT 500, has been a student of Sri Swami Satchidananda for over 40 years. Throughout this time she has shared the teachings of Integral Yoga in many diverse settings with students of all ages and backgrounds.
In 1978, she and her husband started the Yogaville Vidyalayam- Temple of Learning, an elementary school for the ashram community children. For 17 years they taught the children, developing a full academic curriculum based on the principles and teachings of Yoga.
Since 1999 she has been a primary teacher for the Integral Yoga Basic Teacher Training course. She combines a natural, practical, down to earth approach to yoga with a gentle humor. She is a yogini first and foremost, and her teaching is an extension of the experience of her yoga practice.
“The residential Teacher Training course is a direct gift from Sri Gurudev, Swami Satchidananda. He always said that one should become a Yogi first. It is the most profound program offered at Yogaville, because people come and live the Yogic lifestyle and their lives are transformed. It is very powerful and I love to be a part of it.” Satya Greenstone
Letícia Padmasri, M.A., E-RYT 500 is a certified Integral Hatha Yoga teacher in the Basic, Intermediate and Advanced levels, as well as a certified Raja Yoga teacher. She holds a Bachelor Degree in Exercise Science, a Master Degree in Education and many years of dedication towards Exercise Physiology. Her interest for the body’s structure and function combined with her love for the Yoga Philosophy support students in experiencing the depth of the Yoga asanas. Letícia teaches Hatha Yoga classes along with personal training where she integrates the Eastern and Western Philosophies. She teaches workshops in Yogaville and Brazil, and is one of the Trainers for the Integral Yoga Teacher Trainings, as well as the Anatomy & Physiology Teacher. She also has been administrating Yoga teacher trainings and workshops at the Integral Yoga Academy since 2008.