Yoga Alliance Hrs: 19 (approximate)
IYTA members receive a $100 discount off of the tuition. To claim your discount call ARC at 800 858 9642
The Yoga for Teens Teacher Training is a comprehensive certification in yoga for teens. This training offers yoga as a transformative life practice for teens that fosters physical, mental, social, and emotional development through yoga practices and principles. It is suitable for yoga teachers, school teachers, social workers, therapists, parents, and anyone who would like to make a difference in the lives of youth through the practices and teachings of yoga. While the training includes guidance on teaching teens in various settings, it emphasizes teaching yoga in the school setting.
The course includes:
- A teen approach to asana and class themes; teen appropriate sequences
- Breathing and meditation techniques for teens
- Teaching yoga in the school setting
- Stress management for teens
- Teaching yoga philosophy and the ethical principles of yoga in teen language
- Introduction to working with at-risk and underserved populations
- How to teach topics relevant to teens, including: self-confidence, healthy body image, sexual health, and anger management and forgiveness.
- Teaching basic nutrition and the yoga of eating
- How to help students identify negative self beliefs and replace them with positive
belief systems and affirmations
- Helping teens understand and cultivate mindfulness in daily life
- Incorporating play and laughter into the teen yoga class
- Classroom management and how to effectively address behavioral problems
- Creative ways to build community, trust, and connection
- How to facilitate group discussions with teens
- Practice developing a teen yoga class
- Inspiring teens to be ambassadors of peace in the world through selfless service
“Erin is a teen yoga master teacher. She inspires and creates a safe space for teens to explore yoga, whether for the first time or 100th. She relates to and understands the unique gifts and needs of this population and skillfully shares these tools with teachers in her trainings. Erin and her students rock.”
-Sarah Herrington, author of OM Schooled
Erin Lila Wilson, E- RYT, received her beginning and intermediate teacher certification through Integral Yoga, and completed training for teaching at-risk teens through the Lineage Project. She has worked with youth for over ten years, teaching yoga to inner-city teenagers, including yoga and meditation to hundreds of youth in schools, studios, and incarceration facilities. She moved to San Francisco in January of 2012, where she now serves as Director of the Yoga at School program of the Integral Yoga Institute. With the successful launch of the program at Mission High School, Erin is excited to bring Yoga at School to more schools throughout the Bay Area. She is eager to build a community of yoga teachers dedicated to teaching youth and she hopes to weave yoga into mainstream education across the country. Her dream is to help build a better world by making yoga accessible to as many teens as possible.