Part II is suitable for yoga teachers as well as experienced practitioners. It is not necessary to have taken Part I before Part II, but you are asked to email Biff to discuss your level of experience before hand. firstname.lastname@example.org
Yoga Alliance: 50 hours RYT 500
Teaching in all its forms is about connection. To connect deeply with our students, family and all those in our lives, we must first connect with ourselves. Through the powerful practice of Yin Yoga and the wisdom of the archetypes of the Warrior, Healer, Teacher and Visionary we will explore ways in which we can best support our students and others in their life journey. We will examine creative and collaborative approaches to teaching and learning through explorations of the following themes:
- The practice of holding space
- Body and energy awareness: deepening our range of perception, learning to follow our inner teacher, and supporting others to do the same
- Embodiment: grounding our teaching in our body
- Self-Realization and Creativity: exploring and developing our unique strengths and style as teachers;
- Personal Growth and Mindfulness: identifying and addressing our blind spots and ‘growing edges’ as teachers;
- The use of story, poetry and metaphors to invite a deeper somatic experience
Yin Yoga Teacher Training – Part II is suitable for teachers and non-teachers of all levels. It is the partner training to “Exploring the Path of the Yin Yoga teacher”. It can be taken alone of in conjunction with the “Exploring” module. Both are 50-hour yoga trainings. For more details on both trainings see www.biffmithoeferyoga.com.
Biff Mithoefer, E-RYT 500, teaches Yin Yoga at Omega Institute, throughout the U.S. and internationally. He is the author of The Yin Yoga Kit, coauthor of The Therapeutic Yoga Kit and a founder and director of the Jamtse Sponsorship Program for the support of Tibetan refuge children.