Yoga Alliance Hrs: 80 (approximate) RYT 500
Restorative Yoga is the practice of placing the body into a specific yoga asana using the support of props such as: bolsters, pillows, blocks, blankets, or chairs. These gentle asanas literally hold and maintain the position of the body as one releases mental and physical tension. In this supported state, the asana can be held for a significantly longer period of time which facilitates a state of deeper relaxation. This extended duration allows the innate intelligence of the body to reintegrate the system to its natural state of balance and peace as the tension dissolves and melts away.
The restorative yoga poses may be offered as an alternative to regular asanas, when one is low in energy, during times of particular stress either mental or physical, as well as during a time of physical illness, healing or crisis. The supported poses enable one to receive the benefit of the asana without exerting muscular effort.
Some of the topics covered in the Restorative Teacher Training Course are:
- How to use props: what props to use and when to use them
- Balanced sequences of supported poses
- For general relaxation and rejuvenation
- For special needs
- How to incorporate restorative poses into a regular hatha yoga practice or class
- How to instruct and adjust others in restorative poses
- Yoga Nidra: supported relaxation poses
- Supported poses for enhancing breathing and pranayama practice
- Other healing aspects of yoga practice
All props will be supplied for your use and practice during the course.
Due to the nature of the practice, enrollment will be limited to 20 students. Pre-requisite: Basic Integral Yoga Hatha Teacher Training or its equivalent.
Satya Greenstone, E-RYT 500, has been a student of Sri Swami Satchidananda for over thirty-eight years. In 1978 she and her husband started the Yogaville Vidyalayam (Temple of Learning), an elementary school for the ashram community children. Since 1999, she has been a primary teacher for the Basic Yoga Teacher Training Program. While serving as Teacher Training Coordinator, she helped to develop and teach the Gentle Yoga Teacher Training Program and now has developed a Restorative Yoga Teacher Training program.
- February 20, 2015 - March 1, 2015
- Tuition: $1275.00
- Lodging: $420.00 to $945.00
- Deposit: $500.00
- $100.00 Early bird discount until November 21, 2014