Begin the New Year with Integral Yoga and Live the whole year in The Light !!
At the New Year we often review the past and make plans to improve during the coming year. What better way to begin 2014 than with a Special Interest Retreat at Yogaville. In this midweek program, our special interest and focus will be the many and varied benefits of a regular practice of Yoga and meditation.
Yoga does not only mean physical poses like standing on the head. Yoga means learning to stand on our own two feet. Yoga is a means to finding the Peace and Joy within and maintaining that equanimity throughout the many ups and downs of life.
Included in this Retreat:
- Restorative Yoga to relax and rejuvenate the body and calm the mind
- Benefits of Yoga practice: physical, emotional, mental and spiritual
- Adapting Yoga practices to meet your specific needs—find out what practices work for you, your body, your mind, your position in life
- Principles of a healthy, yogic diet
- Time for walking, relaxing, reading, visiting
- Time for asking questions and receiving personal guidance
Satya Greenstone has been a student of Sri Swami Satchidananda for over 38 years, sharing the teachings of Integral Yoga in many diverse settings with students of all ages and backgrounds. In 1978 she and her husband started the Yogaville Vidyalayam – the Temple of Learning, an elementary school for the ashram community children, where they taught for17 years. Since 1999 she has been a primary teacher for the Basic Yoga Teacher Training program. While seving as Teacher Training Coordinator, she helped to develop and teach the Gentle Yoga TT program. Satya has been practicing and teaching Restorative Yoga for many years, gently adapting the Yoga practices to any individual needs and always finding a way to encourage and inspire.