Registration starts at 2:00 pm. Program begins at 4:00 pm.
Yoga Alliance Hrs: 12 (Approximate)
By laughing, laughing, laughing, we are relaxing, relaxing, relaxing — freeing ourselves from all tensions. This will make you forget all your worries. Nothing is going to be permanent. Even the so-called problems will pass away soon. When you laugh at them, they become simple; they become minor. When you take it seriously, they assume big shapes. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda
Laugha Yoga is an ancient, new idea for reconnecting us to our true self. Through Yogic Laughter sessions, , pranayama (yogic breathing practices) meditation and Laugha Nidra® (laughing meditation with guided deep relaxation) we can reach a profound level of peace, joy and relaxation.
Get your certification to lead Laughter Yoga sessions and bring the healing and uplifting practice of intentional laughter to others.
In this program you will:
- Play freestyle “laughter games,” which release endorphins and T-Cells to produce immediate and profound boosts to your mood, immunity, health, creativity and confidence levels.
- Discover why prolonged intentional laughter, a simple technique that has been overlooked for centuries, is being recognized again as a therapeutic method (first publicized in the West by Norman Cousins in his book Anatomy of an Illness).
- Learn how to use laughter as a form of social medicine spreading social health to the world.
- Receive a certificate to lead Laughter Yoga Sessions (Certified Laughter Yoga teacher) after completion of the weekend.
- Receive a downloadable zip file filled with printable handouts of laughter benefits, writings and audio/video.
- After completion you will be listed with Dr. Madan Kataria’s world-wide Laughter Yoga Pro Zone website for six months free of charge.
- Be eligible for 12 Yoga Alliance continuing education hours.
Read an article by Bharata in Hektoen International Journal published by the Hektoen Institute of Medicineabout how medical science is discovering the how laughter can be very beneficial to the overall health of people.
Comments from participants:
“I feel fortunate I got a chance to learn the laughter skills from one of the best!!”
“I work with seniors, and I wanted methods to help give the seniors permission to laugh. I got it.”
“This program was recommended by my wife. It made for a wonderful couples weekend.”
“Most valuable aspect was Bharata’s spiritual depth – I expected to learn “how to” I found the spiritual connection very enriching and didn’t expect it.”
“I need more access to joy and happiness in my life – this is it!”
Bharata Wingham, a “Laughter Ambassador,” and versatile teacher best known for teaching Laugha Yoga® and laughing meditation. He was trained and certified by Dr. Madan Kataria, founder of the world-wide laughter clubs. He has trained hundreds of Laughter Yoga Leaders and lead thousands of people through Laugha Yoga sessions. Bharata is also an Integral Yoga® instructor, guiding students in physical postures, deep relaxation and meditation.
He is the author of Laugha Yoga: Combining the Joy of Laughter and the Bliss of Yoga. Visit Laugha Yoga website: www.laughayoga.com.
Laugha Yoga Resources: You may also practice Laugha Yoga with the DVD: Laugha Yoga: Combining the Joy of Laughter with the Bliss of Yoga, with a talk included on Your Health is a Laughing Matter. You can also order the CD and Mp3: Guided Laughing Meditation, all are available from Shakticom.