Registration starts at 2:00 pm. Program begins at 4:00 pm.
Yoga Alliance Hrs: 12 (Approximate)
Laugha Yoga is an ancient, new idea for reconnecting us to our true self. Through Yogic Laughter sessions, Yoga nidra (guided deep relaxation), pranayama (yogic breathing practices) and meditation we can reach a profound level of peace, joy and relaxation.
Get your certification to lead Laughter Yoga sessions and bring the healing and uplifting practice of intentional laughter to others.
In this program you will:
- Play freestyle “laughter games,” which release endorphins and T-Cells to produce immediate and profound boosts to your mood, immunity, health, creativity and confidence levels.
- Discover why prolonged intentional laughter, a simple technique that has been overlooked for centuries, is being recognized again as a therapeutic method (first publicized in the West by Norman Cousins in his book Anatomy of an Illness).
- Learn how to use laughter as a form of social medicine spreading social health to the world.
- Receive a certificate to lead Laughter Yoga Sessions (Certified Laughter Yoga teacher) after completion of the weekend.
- Receive a mp3 downloadable file filled with printable handouts of laughter benefits, writings and audio/video.
- After completion you will be listed with Dr. Madan Kataria’s world-wide Laughter Yoga Pro Zone website for six months free of charge.
- Be eligible for 12 Yoga Alliance continuing education hours.
Click here for an article written by Bharata on, Warning: laughter can be hazardous to your illness, at the online medical journal http://www.hektoeninternational.org/laughter-yoga.html talking about the physical benefits of prolonged laughter.
Laugha Yoga Resources: You may also practice Laugha Yoga with the DVD Laugha Yoga: Your Health is a Laughing Matter or the CD Laughing Meditation, or read about it in Lboth are available from Shakticom.
Freestyle Partner Laughing (One On One Laughter Yoga) coaching is ideally suited for anyone who wants to add more laughter and joy to their life, for people facing enormous stress and depression, for introvert and shy, for older people who have forgotten to laugh, physically challenged and bedridden and for those with chronic diseases. One on One Laughter starts with an inner smile.
Comments from participants:
“I feel fortunate I got a chance to learn the laughter skills from one of the best!!”
“I work with seniors, and I wanted methods to help give the seniors permission to laugh. I got it.”
“This program was recommended by my wife. It made for a wonderful couples weekend.”
“Most valuable aspect was Bharata’s spiritual depth – I expected to learn “how to” I found the spiritual connection very enriching and didn’t expect it.”
“I need more access to joy and happiness in my life – this is it!”
Bharata Wingham, a ”Laughter Ambassador,” and versatile teacher best known for teaching Laugha Yoga® and laughing meditation. He was trained and certified by Dr. Madan Kataria, founder of the world-wide laughter clubs. Bharata is also an Integral Yoga® instructor, guiding students in physical postures, deep relaxation and meditation. He is the author of Laugha Yoga: Combining the Joy of Laughter and the Bliss of Yoga. Visit Laugha Yoga website: www.laughayoga.com.
You may also practice Laugha Yoga with the DVD: Laugha Yoga: Combining the Joy of Laughter with the Bliss of Yoga, with a talk included on Your Health is a Laughing Matter. You can also order the CD and Mp3: Guided Laughing Meditation, all are available from Shakticom.