- September 25, 2015 - October 4, 2015
- Tuition: $1,260.00
- Lodging: $610.00 to $420.00
or IYacademy@ yogaville.org.
with Satya Greenstone, E-RYT 500
Official time for check-in: 4 pm and check-out: 2 pm
Have you ever had a student who’s unable to perform even the most basic Hatha poses? You want to help them, but you aren’t sure how. The Adaptive Hatha Yoga Teacher Training is the training for you!
This ten-day course teaches you to adapt the Integral Yoga practices to meet the needs of any individual. You will explore the essential benefits of each asana and Yoga practice and determine how to best implement them without strain—regardless of your students’ physical, mental, or emotional conditions.
This training also includes:
- Modifications of specific asanas that meet the needs and abilities of the student
- Substitutions of alternative poses of equal benefit
- Sequence of poses performed in chairs (“Chair Yoga”), helpful for students with limited mobility and in situations where floor space is not available, such as offices, schools, and senior centers.
- Gentle warm-ups and stretches
- Safe and effective prop use
- Strategies for introducing the more subtle aspects of Yoga practices, such as meditation, chanting, deep relaxation, and Yoga nidra
Prerequisites: Basic Integral Yoga Hatha Yoga Teacher Training or the equivalent. Certified Teachers from other traditions may also apply for consideration.
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 100 contact hours
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT): Approximately 100 contact hours
- Healthcare and Related Disciplines: Although CMEs are not offered, a certificate documenting CE hours may be available for your discipline. Please contact CEU@iyta.org for details.
Adaptive Yoga gives us the tools to reach various populations that may not have had access to the benefits of Hatha Yoga. In addition to Yoga studios, adaptive Yoga classes can be offered in senior centers, rehabilitation facilities, recreation centers, hospitals, churches, and community centers.
An Adaptive Yoga class provides all the benefits of the basic Integral Yoga Class at the level that the individual student is capable of practicing. You will learn to create safe, comfortable Yoga sessions for all of your students. Teaching techniques learned in this training will give you more options for accommodating people with limited mobility, students in private classes, and various levels in group classes.
About the Presenter
Since 1999, she has been the primary teacher for the Basic Integral Yoga Teacher Training course. She combines a natural, practical, down-to-earth approach to Yoga with gentle humor. She is a yogini first, and her teaching is an extension of her practical experience.
Beyond teaching in the Academy, she and her husband founded the Yogaville Vidyalayam (Temple of Learning) in 1978, an elementary school for the Ashram’s community children. There, they developed and taught a full academic curriculum based on the principles of Yoga for seventeen years.